Monday, September 19, 2005

Our CEO president on the ropes!

What a feeling of glee, (on the surface). Deep down, I don't trust it will last.

There have been so many much much worse, more criminal and despicable acts that this administration has had a more direct and clearly connected hand in. To say they f'd up after a major disaster - honestly, if Kerry had been in office I can't say with supreme confidence that the results would have been significantly different. Probably a faster response of military and aid, but all the corruption and misdirection and poor communication in the trenches?- I think that's inherent in the system and symptomatic of a much more deeply seated malaise affecting this country. Of course, I bet it would have been significantly different if the Gore (you remember Al Gore, the guy who actually won the 2000 election?) had been rightfully given the position. Then the wetlands protection laws would not have been repealed and that would have reduced the damage. Also, odds are that the research that was submitted to the Gore White House in 2001 would not have been ignored. (Gore is a very intelligent man, and he also has a clear record of responsible stewardship, not like our alcoholic dead beat idiot president gwbush).
So - as happy as I am for anything that cuts this administration and especially gw down, I am flabbergasted how they have managed to spin their way out of other things much more heinous. And I think this might just be the calm center of sanity at the eye of the storm, I fear they will spin out of this one too.

So - I'm cringing. I won't feel secure in my glee until bush, cheney, rummy, and the rest of the lot are behind bars, or at least expelled from their offices. I don't trust them, especially with good ole Karl Rove out there. He's too crafty and devious. He scares me. I don't understand, the BTK killer, a sick and twisted fellow, of course, only harmed a handful of people, but we got him (eventually) and locked him up and tried him etc.. Karl is much more dangerous and what he's done over the course of his career has caused more widespread suffering, affecting a broader swath of people, yet he's allowed to roam free, plaguing us all. Shouldn't all threats to the peace and well being of this nation's citizens be pursued with fervor until they are captured and placed somewhere that they can no longer harm innocent citizens?

BTW - Halliburton got another no-bid contract to fix up New Orleans, along with a bunch of other companies that are long time republican and gw supporters. So - as much as he's "on the ropes" the whole administration is still up to it's no-good tricks.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger RenaRF said...

Hey Nik. Thanks so much for your comment. Did you get to my blog through the Impeach Bush Coalition's website? If not and you haven't seen it - check it out. They could use a good realistic analysis and you seem to have the background.

Cheers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home