Monday, July 21, 2008

Letter to James Dobson

To James Dobson, Regarding:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080720/ap_on_el_pr/dobson_mccainDobson said in a statement to the AP. "Barack Obama contradicts and threatens everything I believe about the institution of the family and what is best for the nation. His radical positions on life, marriage and national security force me to reevaluate the candidacy of our only other choice, John McCain."Radical? Obama's position on life, marriage and national security are actually pretty center. Personally - being an athiest, I find him a bit too "relgious-y" for comfort, but he's still an inspirational guy. Position on Life? He respects life - that's why he's trying to end the war, and why he supports stem cell research - to help save lives. Respecting a woman's right to choose has been the mainstream, centrist, majority position for my entire life. Marriage? I think he supports marriage - he is married. I have been listening to him a lot and so far I haven't heard him saying he wanted to ban marriage. In FACT - to be honest, not only does he support heterosexual marriage, I think he also supports gay marriage. Which is great - he's super pro-marriage. I have a lot of gay friends and well, they're just like straights, there are some good relationships and some not so good ones, but you know - if marriage is your thing - gay or straight, who am I to stop you? And for that matter - who the {explective} are you?! Hahaha - check your whole organization on that one. As to his national security policy - Honestly - he's drifted a bit too far to the right to appease the righty zealots in this nation - I wish he was a bit more liberal and radical there myself. But McCain - his policies are similar to this current evil, wicked, criminal, treasonous administration. Now, I think McCain is a much better guy than the dastardly thugs who are currently in command of the white house. (I wish I did believe in hell b/c if there *was* a hell, all those guy's would be toasting in it, unfortunately there is absolutely no substantiated evidence for the existance of any supernatural agency or planes of existance). But - even though he's much better than what we've currently got - McCain is still thinking in this us/them mentality that has brought the world to where it is today. Hopefully - we'll all get some change we can believe in.

Want to send James a note
http://family.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/family.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14190
select the "online form" link and have at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home